18 August 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly

You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: 
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig














In reverse order I’ll begin with the UGLY. Not mentioning any names but I’ve had the odd negative comment made since posting my Taupo Half Marathon race report. They viciously target the runner wearing canary yellow which to my horror happened to be me. These scurrilous jibes indicated that the subject, I like to think wearing GOLD, may have in fact developed a midriff not ever seen before. The cheek! The bloody cheek!

Upon further investigation where I examined close up shots of race pictures, used scales and measuring tape I can reluctantly confirm some BAD, BAD news. I can’t prove it absolutely but given what I’ve deduced it appears I may have run that race at around 81.5kg. That’s right, in other words heavier than ever before damn it. 

Now there is no magical ending to this short dull post I’m afraid but I can give you some GOOD which concludes this tale. It has come about in as little as one and a half weeks through breaking one simple yet destructive habit. Snacking after dinner is now gone. I go to bed having had a cuppa tea in the evening and that’s it. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the new me at barely 78kg.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

If you liked the last one, you'll love this







4 comments:

  1. Dare I say 78 still sounds high? Nah, I won't say it.

    Interesting - twice in one evening I read posts from people who mistyped viscously for viciously. Is that what we call a meme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the ukes!
    BAD luck there wasn't a clydesdale's category ;) Yes, cutting down on sugar and beer is the secret. Think I exceeded 80 once (15 or so years ago) - like you, got a shock when I saw a race photo and almost didn't recognise myself. Used to race at a scrawny 71-2 kg. Now sitting on 74-5. Think I'd run better at 73. Ah, beer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping a steady weight is a constant battle with me. I thought I'd found the answer with low carb "Paleo" but after a year or so my body got used to that and started to pile on the pounds again. Just keep mixing it up, I reckon, and over eat on occasion too it seems to help on a lot of fronts.

    I've been seeing, on Garmin, how your average per K pace has been increasing over the last year or so and with the consistency I'm expecting a good year from you.

    ReplyDelete